Integrative Design Process
(4 GBCI CE Units and 4 AIA HSW/SD LUs)
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED,
PLEASE JOIN TOMORROW AT THIS FREE EVENT
An integrated design process aids cost effective, high performance, elegant design. So why is it the exception rather than the rule? Design professionals are not trained to work interdependently and design firms are not managed to take advantage of integrated practice.
This process is a new optional credit/prerequisite proposed in LEED 2012 and can be used to generate additional incentives for the design team. Attend this session to learn how to add this valuable service into your design (and design-build) process.
What are the challenges to the process of Design and Construction - relating to Sustainability?
- How do you know if you are responding effectively and improving your process and projects?
- What is the difference between Conventional Practice and an Integrated Design Process?
- How to keep your competitive edge?
- Where are the opportunity points to leverage green strategies?
- How to use LEED and other Tools effectively?
This workshop addresses process dynamics from framing the initial design problem through developing practical strategies and finally implementing an effective workplan.
Special focus will be given to management and communication skills with group exercises that map conventional practice and an integrative practice interspersed with teaching the fundamentals. Participants will walk away with a new methodology, which will transform the way they create buildings and organize their firm.